How to Enroll: Kindergarten to 12th Grade

Thank you for choosing Pueblo City Schools to enroll your student. Each of our schools has a distinct personality and offers something unique for its students. Enrollment is easy and students will be placed at their neighborhood school based on their home address. The Neighborhood School Directory is linked below. Kindergarten students must be 5 on or before October 1 of each year. High school enrollments are done at the high school. Questions about Transportation are handled by First Student, at 719-549-7217.

2017-18 School Year
How to Register your New Student at Pueblo City Schools
(Click here to apply for 2017-18 School Choice Wait List)

Determine your student's eligibility
  • Children entering kindergarten must be five-years-old on or before October 1 of each year.
  • Children entering first grade must be six-years-old on or before October 1 of each year.
  • Children Preschool ages three-years-old or four-years-old on or before October 1 of each year.
  • Children under the age of 21 on the first day of school are eligible for enrollment.
  • Children who are not a U.S. citizens
  • have not attended a U.S. school continuously for the past two years, OR
  • are U.S. citizens who have attended a non-U.S. school overseas are eligible for enrollment with a official valid birth certificate from their birth country.
  • For eligibility questions, please contact the Student Records Office (719) 549-7189

Locate your Neighborhood School
Based on your home address, Click on the Attendance Areas/Boundaries Maps and select the Grade Level Map for your child to determine your Neighborhood school.
Note - School Choice is closed until January, 2017

Fountain (K-3) and Corwin (4-8) International Magnet Schools are application based schools. Please contact the Magnet Schools Office at 719-423-3050 or visit the Magnet Schools page for further information.

PSAS (K-8) - Pueblo School for Arts and Science and
CHPA - Chavez/Huerta Preparatory Academy (K-12) are application based schools. Please contact the schools directly for further application information.

Preschool 3 and 4 year-old programs are application based programs. Please contact the Preschool Department at 719-423-3079, or visit the Preschool Link for further information.

Registering your student
Once you have determined the Neighborhood School, please contact the school by phone or in person.  Click here to go to the List of Schools Page.
  • For Registration during the 2017 Summer - sign up for an appointment in July on the Summer New Student Registration Page (TBA).
  • For Registration in August - contact your Neighborhood school directly starting       in August (date TBA), Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and avoid the lunch hour.
  • For Registration during the Current 17-18 School year - contact your Neighborhood school directly, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and avoid the lunch hour.
Take the following Documents to your Neighborhood School

When registering your children,

Parent/Guardians will be asked to provide the following documents:
  • Identification - Parent/Guardian Driver's license or one of the following documents:  Passport, Permanent resident alien card, Naturalization papers, Birth certificate.
  • Proof of Residency documents - Verified by one of the following:
    • Homeowners: a copy of your current mortgage statement or property tax bill
    • Renters: a copy of your current lease agreement
    • Shared Housing Residents: If you are living in a shared housing situation, contact the school for the documentation process. 
  • Guardianship or Court Orders (as necessary)
    Student Documents:
  • Official State Birth Certificate - Note: Hospital Certificate will not be accepted
  • Immunization "Shot" Records - Must be current
    • Colorado state law requires:
      •  all students enrolling in Colorado schools to furnish a CURRENT Certificate of Immunization.
      • Immunization Exemptions forms for medical reasons must be provided
      • Immunization Exemptions forms for personal and religious reasons must be signed each year
  • Last school attended: School Name and Contact Information: Complete address, phone, fax and email address.
  • Last school Report Card (if possible) or HS Transcript (needed for HS scheduling)
  • Inform school if your student has an individualized learning plan (IEP, ILP, 504, RTI) or other special program needs.
  • Inform school of any medical needs or concerns.

If you
have questions or need further information, please contact the

Student Records Office,
(719) 549-7189, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m.
to 4:00 p.m.