Frequently Asked Questions

When is the School Choice Lottery Window?

The School Choice window opens on Monday, January 8 at 8:00 AM and closes at midnight on Friday, February 2, 2018.

Can I use the Infinite Campus Parent Portal to apply to a Magnet or STEM School?

Yes. Those schools will appear in the school list that offer school choice seats for your child's future grade level.

Who do I contact if I need help with my Infinite Campus Parent Portal.

Contact the Technology Services help desk at (719) 549-7111.

Can I use the Infinite Campus Parent Portal to apply to a Pueblo Charter School?

No.  If you would like to attend one of the campuses of the Pueblo School for the Arts and Sciences (PSAS) or the Chavez Huerta K-12 Preparatory Academy (CHPA), please contact them directly and follow their application process.

I live in one Pueblo City School neighborhood and I have selected to choice my student to a Pueblo City School outside my neighborhood.  Now I would like my student to attend my neighborhood school for the next school year.  What do I have to do?

You must submit a new choice application.  If space is available at your neighborhood school, your student may return there.

What do I do if my child won a seat in a different school for the current school year and I want him to return them to our neighborhood school or make another school choice request to a new school?

A school choice application will need to be filled out and submitted.

I currently reside out-of-district and my student is in grade 5 at Park View.  Do I have to choice my student to Risley for grade 6?

Yes, because your student is at the conclusion of his/her building/educational level (elementary).  

I currently reside out-of-district and my student is a Kindergarten student at Minnequa. Do I have to choice my student to Minnequa for 1st grade?

No, your student may continue through 5th grade at Minnequa without completing a choice application.

If I move from one address in Pueblo City Schools to another Pueblo City School address, how do I change my address and does my student have to change schools?

You will change your address on the Parent Portal System, (see instructions) and then take your proof of address documents to the school to finalize the changes.

Your change of address can be processed through the school of attendance.  You must have one of the required verification documents:  current signed rental/lease agreement, mortgage statement, warranty deed, bill of sale, settlement statement from closing, signed contract with a closing date or current Pueblo County tax notice.  At that time, subject to space availability, you will decide whether to move your student to the new neighborhood school or remain at the current school.  

If I choice into a high school that is not my neighborhood high school would that affect my student’s eligibility to play varsity sports?

Eligibility may be affected.  We suggest you contact the appropriate school’s athletic director before submitting the choice form.  For transfer rules, see

If I reside outside of the district, when is the latest my student can start school?

Pueblo City Schools highly recommends that all students begin regularly attending school on the first day of the school year.  Choice approval may be revoked for any non-resident student who does not regularly attend school at the beginning of the school year and will be automatically revoked for any non-resident student who does not regularly attend prior to October 1.

What if my child doesn't win a seat at another school before school starts?

The student will attend his or her neighborhood school for the 2018-2019 school year.

If I reside outside the district and my student is withdrawn from school at any point, can he/she return to the school at a later date?

Withdrawal from school (including expulsion) results in the choice approval for a non-resident student being revoked.  The student shall not be allowed to return to the school until a subsequent choice application is submitted and approved, pending space available at the school.

What if my student has exceptional needs?

School and program placements for students with disabilities (IEP) and/or English Language Learner (ELL) needs will be reviewed and approved by the Exceptional Student Services (ESS) and English Language Learner departments.  If your student is on an IEP and has received an acceptance letter, please keep in mind that a staffing meeting may take place to review IEP to determine how the School Choice school can best support the student’s success.

I have a question not on this list.  Where can I get help?

For school choice or enrollment questions please call us at (719) 253-6014 or email  

For help with your parent portal, please call (719) 549-7111