Pueblo City Schools – World Class
Our mission in Pueblo City Schools – a unique educational community strengthened by its diversity, culture and traditions – is to guarantee a “world-class education that prepares graduates to succeed in a global society”. This will be accomplished in a safe, secure environment through innovative state-of-the-art technologies, superior curricula, and highly skilled educators driven by active partnerships with students, families and communities.Objectives
- The objectives of Pueblo City Schools are to ensure that:
- All students successfully complete a comprehensive individualized education plan to prepare them to enter 21st century academic pursuits or the global workforce.
- All of our students meet or exceed international standards and measures of achievement.
- We recruit and retain a highly qualified competitive workforce sustained by “cutting edge” professional development for internationally competitive schools.
- The district provides a system of support for students to be civil, responsible, healthy, and involved members of the global community.
- All schools are conducive to superior teaching and learning, capable of responding to diverse needs of 21st century learners.
- We will secure and utilize 100% of human, financial, and physical resources required to create and sustain world-class public schools and this strategic plan.
- We believe that:
- High standards create excellence.
- Innovation and creativity are essential to our future.
- Every person is an integral part of the global community.
- All people have the right to live, learn, work, and play in healthy, safe communities.
- Knowledge increases value.
- Excellence is worth the investment.
- Accountability produces results.
- Our community is a family, and that family is the most powerful influence on an individual.
- Our community is stronger when individuals are healthy and safe.
- Taking responsibility for actions or choices creates personal power.
- Recognizing and honoring human diversity enriches the individual and strengthens our community.
- Integrity and Respect are essential between and among individuals.
- All people have value.
- All people possess the capability to compete in a global society.
- We will never compromise the safety of our students and staff.
- We will not tolerate actions that do not support a world-class education for our students.
- We will always make decisions based on the best interests of our students.
- We will never compromise the dignity and honor of any person, nor tolerate discrimination of any kind.
- We will not compromise the integrity of the district’s mission.
- We will honor our community’s traditions, but not allow them to be an obstacle to change.